Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Year New Resolutions

A new year, a new resolution.  This years resolutions are a few of the same, and a few new.  Of course, losing weight, cutting back on soda. My new ones are a bit different though. I want to write at least one blog entry a week, no word minumum just yet. My second one is to no longer click on click bait articles, you know the ones, "They put 1,000 fireworks to a power wheel, you'll never guess what happened next."

So what will my first post of the new year be, a review of the new Star Wars, a board game review, some cool new toy that I got for Christmas?

How about a little of all of those. Starting with the new Star Wars.


This will be a spoiler free review and very sparse on any real meat and potatoes.  I thoroughly enjoyed the new movie, I thought the new cast was a very good ensemble, with good chemistry. I felt that they introduced them well, and left enough mystery so that the audience wants to come back to learn more about the new characters.  The effects were closer to the original series real and dirty. I also liked the way they mixed practical effects with cgi.  The story may have been a retelling of A New Hope but I feel that they used that as a bases to bridge the gap between the older members of the audience and the audience members who are completely new to Star Wars.  I give the new Star Wars a 4.5/5.

As for a board game review I'm going to cheat just a little. I'm going to review Exploding Kittens NSFW edition.  


Let me start by saying I'm relatively new to The Oatmeal, having just discovered it earlier last year, but I will say that I really enjoy their brand of humor, so already I’m a fan of the game because it is just more of their off brand of humor.  The NSFW edition is entirely inappropriate, and hilarious. The game is fairly simple, there are a few types of cards. I've played a few games now and only won 2 of them, this is a great game to play when you are inbetween games that take some time to setup, or if you are waiting for others to finish something.

As for toys I got for Christmas, I actually got quite a few, it was a pretty awesome Christmas. I got the new Megatron from the Combiner Wars line. He's perfectly in scale with my Mastpiece Optimus Prime so I think those two might be getting into it soon so be looking for some pictures from that. I also got Ultra Magnus from the Combiner Wars line,  he looks great as well, but his feet are a bit odd, making him a bit harder to pose.

I don't collect a lot of Funko Pops but I did get the Godzilla Funko Pop and I must say he is awesome. He looks great in Pop form. He is one of the bigger 6" pops so I look forward to taking some photos of him fighting my Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.


That's pretty much it for now, I hope this year will see 51 more post.

No comments: