Monday, May 30, 2011

So I've been painting again.

The Gamma World campaign is nearly over, and after that we'll be switching to a firefly campaign using the Savage Worlds rule set. However in between these sessions I've been busy painting and modding for a new game I'm joining. I always get so excited at the prospect of a new game that I make quite a few characters just because it's so damn fun.


A Dragonborn Cavalier


A Dragonborn Warpriest


A Minotaur Barbarian

Still haven't decided exactly which one I want to go with.

To make these characters I've been use the D&D insider character builder, and I know this nearly a year late, but I must say, I HATE the new one.

I had no idea that the old one was no longer offered when I went to subscribe again this last time. So when I went to download it again, since between now and the last time I dled it my computer has been wiped and restored, I was suprised to find it was a web based program now.

A web based program that must talk to the hosting site for every click you make. This is not a hyperbolic statement, it literally does this everytime you click. Somepeople say they don't experience any problems, but for me, every click is followed by a minimum 2 second delay, with some delays lasting as long as 15 seconds.

To those who think this isn't a long time I want you to do something, go to google and search "New D&D character builder sucks". When I did it I got "About 52,600 results (0.19 seconds)"

So google can search for that much data in a fraction of the time it takes me to bump 1 ability score up 1 point.

Just makes me sad. But hell making a character on there still takes less time than it does for me to find the perfect miniature, or close to it. Modify it, and paint it up. So I guess in the end, it all works out.

No comments: